I just got home from the gym, and WOW!!! What a majorly awesome pump! I worked the good ol’ legs tonight, and let me tell you, I’m gonna be walking funny tomorrow!
Tonight’s leg workout consisted of the following:
- Squats – 4 sets / 6 to 8 reps
- Standing Calf Raises – 3 sets / 8 reps
- Lying Leg Curls – 3 sets / 6 reps
- Seated Leg Extensions – 3 sets / 6 reps
- Seated Calf Raises – 3 sets / 6 reps
- Standing Single Leg Curls – 3 sets / 8 reps
- Seated Single Leg Extensions – 3 sets / 6 reps
- Standing Barbell Calf Raises – 3 sets / 6 reps
- Hip Adductors – 3 sets / 8 reps
- Hip Abductors – 3 sets / 8 reps
That concluded the leg workout. But, that’s not the main point of tonight’s post. The main reason for tonight’s post is that I added in abs after. But why is that important? Well, first off, here is the abs exercises I threw in at the end:
- Decline Ab Crunches – 3 sets / 12 reps
- Stability Ball Leg Raises – 3 sets / 9 reps
- Toe Touches – 3 sets / 12 reps
- High Cable Woodchops – 3 sets / 8 reps
So why do I mention throwing in the abs at the end? Well, the reason for this post is to talk about strengthening your “weak spots” by adding them in with legs. Here’s why: when it comes to working out, nothing releases more testosterone and Human Growth Hormones (HGH) than when you workout your legs. I’ve been neglecting my abs for a while now, and I really want to get them back. When you throw in other exercises during a good leg workout, the amount of HGH and testosterone that gets released is so much more than when you workout other body parts, that the increased amount also helps build the additional muscles you worked out; not just your legs.
So, if you have a particular muscle group that you just can’t seem to get where you want it to be, considering adding a few extra workouts for that specific muscle group when you workout your legs. The extra testosterone and HGH that is produced from your leg workout will significantly help the additional muscle group you tack on at the end.
Stay strong my friends, and bring on the gains!